Subject: FW: Please explain the UART boot hardware mod to a chimpanzee

FW: Please explain the UART boot hardware mod to a chimpanzee

From: TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:27:14 -0500

Follow-up: IRC with Linus cleared up some questions for, and he indicated
that http://www.superdroidrobots.com/rs232.htm sells the required equipment.
I'm still not sure which type, 1, 2, or, 3 would work best for me.

I'd still like a thorough tutorial. The web pages in which Jörg describes
the process, and provides software to facilitate it, all seem to be missing:

http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/uart_boot

http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/flash/flash_sourcecode.zip