Subject: RE: EAC/Lame

RE: EAC/Lame

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:53:17 -0500

TP Diffenbach wrote:

> CDex is built on top of cdparanoia (although you must set it
> to be paranoid about reads, from a drop down list) -- does
> EAC do anything that cdparanoia does not?

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=3164

"Conclusion

With the Memorex DVD-Maxx 1648 drive, CDex is of no use compared to EAC, it
returns files full of errors and audible clicks claiming zero errors occured
even in full paranoia mode.
Though the C2 error detection is currently very criticized, it is still, at
least for this drive, infinitely more accurate (9462 times more accurate,
according to Feurio ) than CDex full paranoia mode, and as accurate as the
reading twice method in EAC, while much faster."

That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement for CDex to me.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell