Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Poll, please read: What's your next MP3 player? Have you hardware problems with your Archos?
Re: Poll, please read: What's your next MP3 player? Have you hardware problems with your Archos?
From: Glenn Ervin at Home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:16:07 -0600
Please indicate in a reply to this post when you next expect to buy an MP3
player, and what you plan to buy.
* Preferablly not an Archos, but one with at least an 80 GB drive.
* Hopefully within a year, or as soon as my Archos dies.
Please indicate, on a scale of 1 to 5, how
important it is to you to have Rockbox on your next player, as opposed to
another firmware, with 1 being not important at all, and 5 being so
important you would not buy a product that did not run Rockbox.
* 4, or an open source software that is constantly being updated like
Rockbox might satisfy me.
IF you have had hardware problems with your Archos, that required returning
or repairing the unit, please include in your reply:
how long you had the unit before the failure occurred,
whether it was returned or repaired,
and whether it is currently useable.
* Only one problem:
* My F2 key broke on my JBR-FM within a week / ten days of purchase new. It
was replaced with another unit by the vender, but I don't trust the F keys
at all, and I would make durability the highest priority in my next
* I am still using my JBR20-FM.
Received on 2003-12-20