Subject: Re: API Docs

Re: API Docs

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:12:48 +0000

There IS and API document in the source code /docs folder, but it is *VERY*
out-dated.

There is generally one representative of each "group" of functions in the
/docs/API document

So armed with grep and the name of one function you can normally identify
the source file which holds the full set of functions in THAT group.

I can whole heartedly recommend AgentRansack(.com) to grep the source tree.

Does that all make sense?

Also beware that some of the API docs are (iirc) wrong - so you may want to
double check the details that are already there.

On the other hand, it should be quite easy to produce a new document (for
which many of us will thank you) as once you have located the relevant
source files (all *.c files :)) it's all pretty obvious what is going on :)

...just time consuming to make it look good.

BC