Subject: RE: EAC/Lame THE ANSWER !!!

RE: EAC/Lame THE ANSWER !!!

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:25:51 -0500

Steamship is not exaggerating the scope of the problem. With reasonably
clean CDs and a good modern drive, EAC still detects and corrects errors on
a high percentage of CDs. If there was no need for error detection and
correction, then EAC would not have a huge following and its author would
not have invested so many man-hours in its creation.

Jon asks 'why use it'? I have a better question: Why not use it? Why run
the risk that errors will creep into your rips? EAC is free and practically
guarantees error-free ripping. Why use anything else?

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell