Subject: Re: HD register error

Re: HD register error

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 01:32:15 -0500

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:17:04 -0500, "Frank Incensed"
<frankincensed_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>as you can tell by now Im not the most high tech guy, how does one reformat
>the hd ? I also tried viewing the contents of the disc with the usb but it
>wont work because of the error msg

If the drive letter will appear in windows Explorer on your computer, you
might get lucky and be able to right click the drive letter, then select
"format drive". If that doesn't work, then you pretty much have to remove the
drive from the unit, plug it into an IDC controller in your PC with an adapter
plug and then format. IF that doesn't work then you might be able to
re-partition the drive and format. if not, then the drive might be wiped.
Considering how cheap 20 gig drives are, I'm not sure I'd waste a LOT of time
trying to make the old one work.

Note: I'm far from a windoze guru. But I can kinda stumble through most of
the stuff I need to do and can usually get an answer here if I can't.

John
---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net