Subject: Re: cannot transfer from Recorder 20 to computer.

Re: cannot transfer from Recorder 20 to computer.

From: Glenn Ervin at Home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:01:55 -0600

Hi Gene,
I have had a similar problem with windows98.
I was noticing that moving and ultimately tapping my unit made it work, but
it would only work for a limited period of time.
and it would come back and work for a while.
I noticed that the battery was eventually dead.
So I summized that the USB cable was not charging my unit.
I took out all of the RockBox stuff, in case my drive was starting to go,
and I would have to replace it.
I charged up my unit with the power supply, and it works better.
I am not finished testing it, but it might be working now.
It does play to the headphones, but I don't know if it will continue to have
problems with the USB cable.
Windows98 did also begin to work with the unit, but intermittently, as I
mentioned above.
Glenn.