Subject: Re: Silence detection

Re: Silence detection

From: kurzhaarrocker <phil_at_carangg.de>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:28:05 +0100

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 09:59:32 +0100, "Andreas Stemmer"
<groovingandi_at_gmx.de> wrote:
>I just tested the silence detection and it worked like a charm.

Thank you for testing. I'd love some feedback though - from anybody
who played around with it. What I am interested in is:
Do you think the trigger modes (off, no rearm, rearm) have good names?
Are they understandable easily?
I still feel a bit uncomfortable about the optical feedback of the
trigger state too. I tried to visualize the trigger states and
thresholds in the peakmeter. Is it understandable what the peak meter
displays? (You might want to try with minimum trigger durations > 0 to
see all states.)
Are the values for the minimum trigger time reasonable?
Do you think it is a good idea to put the prerecord time onto the
trigger setup screen, too? If so - should the menu item for the
prerecord time vanish from the recording menu?

Assume you have the intension to start a recording with a trigger but
stop it manually. Is it sufficiant that the user can set a stop
threshold to 0% (-89db) (maybe displayed as "off") or is it necessary
to put that into an additional trigger mode?
The same applies when you want to start a recording manually but want
it to stop automatically on silence. (only that start threshold 100%
(0db) is equivalent to off)

Phil