Subject: Re: OT:Re: blastman007 Entschuldigung

Re: OT:Re: blastman007 Entschuldigung

From: Nix <nix_at_esperi.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:18:02 +0000

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Minuk Choi said:
>> More importantly, once the GPL is chosen, there really isn't a way to
> legal
>> change to another license (as far as I know).
>
> Well... I don't know about that... I mean, I present MySQL as my example.
> MySQL is GPL licensed... but if you're a corporation or you plan to sell a
> product containing or using MySQL, they have a commercial license... From
> what I glanced at... looks like the code is the same. If the core
> developers wish to, I suppose they can adopt a similar approach to the
> people at MySQL

Everyone who's ever submitted an incorporated patch would also need to
agree to the changes. (If there is no way to determine the authorship of
some hunks, they'd have to be removed, or the license change is
blocked.)

--
As they say, build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a
path to your door. But nobody ever got anywhere outlawing mice.