Subject: Re: Artist Selection

Re: Artist Selection

From: Nix <nix_at_esperi.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:50:53 +0000

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004, Stephen Noftall said:
> - Have base categories: Artist, Album, Category, Most Played and Least
> Played. Highest Rank/Least Played, etc.

The first three categories should definitely be configurable.

Artist and Album don't make any sense at all for audio books and don't
make very much sense for classical music either (not only the
terminology but also the organization differs).

> It will need to update the
> most/least played one, as I think the JB will have a hard time with it.

The only thing that could possibly track this information is Rockbox.
The USB cable's not plugged in when playback is underway, and we can't
communicate down it, really, in any case (as only one host can talk to
the disk at any one time).

--
As they say, build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a
path to your door. But nobody ever got anywhere outlawing mice.