Subject: Re: Rockbox Lockup

Re: Rockbox Lockup

From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:11:09 +0100

TJ Hunter wrote:
> I experienced something weird today. I was listening to my archos in the
> car when it suddenly stopped playing. <typical RLOD symptoms elided>

> I've heard you all talk about the RLOD before and was wonder if what I
> experienced was a RLOD.

Sounds just like the thing, yes.

> Here's what i've got:
> Archos Jukebox Recorder 20
> V1
> Flashed CVS-041404
> Hitachi_DK23CA-20

The Hitachi HD's are notorious for this, so yes, it is RLOD in all
likelyhood.

> Another question I have,
> now that i'm using flashed firmware, when i get a daily build, is it
> best to copy the .rockbox dir and the ajbrec.ajz to the archos, then run
> the rockbox.ucl file found in the .rockbox directory? Do I even need to
> have a ajbrec.ajz file on the archos? Is it being used?

Nope. Unless there are some new language files, plugins, or other misc.
stuff that you want/need, you only need the .ucl. Copy it over, play it,
and you're all set. Flashed Rockbox doesn't need or use the .ajz, unless
you boot into the Archos firmware with ON+F1...

Daniel Gudlat