Subject: Re: Resume flaking out...

Re: Resume flaking out...

From: Robert Hak <rhak_at_ramapo.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:29:48 -0500 (EST)

Ahhh.. thank you.. that makes sense..

Yeah.. I really should flash.. just lazy..

rob

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Neon John wrote:

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:07:45 -0500 (EST), Robert Hak <rhak_at_ramapo.edu> wrote:

>I wanted to check and see if anyone else was running into a similar
>problem as me. My unit is very touch senstive (battery mounts, jostling
>reboots it).
>
>Anyway.. I have resume set to 'ask', but occasionally when I am listening
>to music it will reboot and bring me to the menu w/o asking me to resume.
>Usually if it reboots again I am then asked. It would just appear that
>occasionally the resume is screwing up.

Yup, known problem. Usually caused by holding the "ON" button a bit too long.
Another keystroke gets buffered and cancels the RESUME screen.

There is a (semi|poorly) documented feature to get around this. Simply
momentarily press OFF (not long enough to turn the unit off) and then ON.
You'll get the RESUME screen again. Go from there.

You might consider flashing your unit if you can. I haven't had this problem
since flashing.

John
---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/o/johngd/
Cleveland, Occupied TN
|  Robert E. Hak  < http://phobos.ramapo.edu/~rhak >  |
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is
 out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if
 there is a light from within."
	- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross