Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Remake User Interface

Re: Remake User Interface

From: scout <rockbox_at_scout-family.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:54:50 -0800

Would it be possible to make the UI a plug-in?

<sarcasm> That way everyone could be happy. </sarcasm>

But seriously, we could have the default UI and anyone who wants to write
their own UI can do so. Like, for example, a *.rock UI with my personally
desired UI feature, reading the ID Tag info when doing a directory
listing. I could turn that UI on when the Archos is pluged in and next to
the stereo (and no one cares about the power drain of reading the HD
constantly). I could return the Archos to the default UI when I am
running around and on batteries.

-js