Subject: Is my FMR dying?

Is my FMR dying?

From: mat <matholton_at_landofconfusion.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:04:56 -0000

Hello people,

Things are hapening to my FMR tha are really distressing me :-(
80% of the time I switch the little beast on I get a ATA error -31.
Sometimes I get a disk null error as well.

Now, is it merely my Hard drive going? Seems unlikely as it's only a year or so old.
Or is it worse and something more fundimental to the archos?
The thing is, when it's on it works fine, I can copy loads of stuff to and from it just perfectly.

I know that I need to take the HD out and try it in a PC and see if it works okay there.

I know it's hardware though, as if I start with the Archos firmware it fails most of the time during boot up.

Any ideas? Help me please!

Oh, and where's the cheapest place to get a 2.5-3.5 inch IDE adaptor?

thanks,

mat