Subject: Re: rockbox _running_ from flash

Re: rockbox _running_ from flash

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:24:50 -0500

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> (another follow-up)
>
> It works now, gives currently 156kB extra for mp3 buffer. There is
> potential for more, currently many arrays get copied to RAM which
> don't have to,
> because of missing "const".
>
> Rockbox seems to behave normal from what I can tell with first quick
> tests, recording and playback are OK. Let's see where this leads us
> to. I need to massage the tools a bit, so I can produce and program
> an uncompressed, in-place .ucl file. Rockbox still fits behind the
> Archos software, if we don't grow
> too much.

I'm really glad you don't have *too* many other hobbies to take up your
time. Either that, or you're much more efficient at getting things done
than I am. =)

I'd also like to say that I really appreciate all the work you've put
into this project (and the other devs as well)! Rockbox just keeps
getting better...