Subject: Re: HDD error + No spin

Re: HDD error + No spin

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:00:53 +0100

Obi-Wan Kannabis wrote:

> And how are you repaired this ??? is it only a wire or a solder point which is break or something else ?

I can only tell how I repaired Daniel's device:

Look at the second picture on this page:

http://www.bwill.net/archos_fix.html

It shows that the PCB with the spring had lost the connection to the
chassis (the small tab on the chassis is supposed to be soldered to the
PCB).

This picture shows where I resoldered Daniel's recorder:

http://www.gofurygo.de/webpost/pcb_ground.jpg

The green solder points needed resoldering.

Linus