Subject: Recording - Default file names and location

Recording - Default file names and location

From: Dave DeWees <ddewees_at_insight.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:38:33 -0500

I am new to the Rock Box list. I have owned my Archos FM recorder for about 10 months. I recently switched to the Rock Box OS. I had a question regarding recording.

Is there a way to modify the default file name for a new recording? How do you direct the default folder. To me it appears that the file name is a cryptic numbering scheme and the root folder is the default. The file name is not a big issue but I would like to understand if it is possible to specifiy the folder that the recording is placed in.

I create board recordings of my cover band. With the Archos supplied OS, things have started to get flakey. One night the machine locked up and wouldn't power down. When I reset it, the recording for the 4 sets was lost. At another gig, I stopped the recording to listen to what had been recorded. When restarting the recording the "newsong02" file was replaced without warning. I have since gone to the steps of creating 4 seperate folders, 1 for each set. Other bad behavior I noticed with the Archos OS was that the display screen became offset by 1/2 a screen as the night progressed.

Hence, I am looking at the Rockbox OS for a more stable environment.

Dave