Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)

Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:26:50 +0100 (MET)

Follow-up to an older posting of mine:

> I have found an Alpine M-Bus pinout here:
> http://www.nsx.net/projects/alpine.html
>
> And this is my ASCII art of the 4-pin headphone plug:
> _
> / \
> \_/ left -> Alpine pin 5
> |_| right -> Alpine pin 4
> |_| remote -> Alpine pin 1
> _|_|_ ground -> Alpine pin 2
> | |
> | |

Meanwhile I found out that it's advisable to connect ground to both Alpine
pins 2 and 3. This is analog and digital ground, our Archos has only one.
Otherwise the digital may be floating, works unreliable or not at all.

Jrg

--
+++ Mailpower fr Multimedia-Begeisterte: http://www.gmx.net/topmail +++
250 MB Mailbox, 1 GB Online-Festplatte, 100 FreeSMS. Jetzt kostenlos testen!