Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: wrong plugin?
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
> BTW, why isn't there a plugin that makes the initial disk image as well? I
> mean, why do we need to download your package to do the first step in the
> flash procedure?
There's no plugin, but you find the toolchain in the "flash" subdir in cvs.
The process is a bit involved, I'm saving this for the normal user. You'd
1) dump your original flash
2) use my "extract" tool to grab the Archos image from it
3) descramble the Archos image
4) UCL-pack it
5) compile the bootloader
6) scramble the bootloader (not for the ROMless)
7) have/prepare a template for the flash image, depends on platform and
ROMless or not
8) use my "make_firmware" tool to compose an image with bootloader, Archos
Certainly I haven't tested above steps with all the firmware variants out
there. I prefer to release a tested image, instead of leaving this to
(You may as well call it lazyness.)
GMX ProMail (250 MB Mailbox, 50 FreeSMS, Virenschutz, 2,99 EUR/Monat...)
jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ http://www.gmx.net/derspiegel +++
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew