Subject: Re: question about plugin api extension

Re: question about plugin api extension

From: Fernando Birra <fpb_at_di.fct.unl.pt>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:06:15 -0000

"[IDC]Dragon" <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de> escreveu na mensagem

> don't know about the player, but Recorders can be swiched on by a brief
>power pulse on the external supply (less than a second, significantly less
for
>flashed boxes). If you plugin the charger, the box starts. The software
then
>checks for external power, and if present goes into charging mode. To avoid
>this, and do a regular start, the power must be gone by then, hence the
pulse.
>You can later put the power back on, if you like.
>
>Jörg

Well, it seems that my player can't do it (or I wasn't quick enough). It
seems to turn on but it turns off by itself after a few seconds. If I leave
it plugged a little longer that it displays the BATTERY CHARGE message. So I
guess this is yet another difference between players and recorders.

Regarding the CD changer emulation my starting idea is to use a minimal
firmware with just the CD changer emulator code as front end. Since when I
want to use the box for off-car listening I have access to its keypad I
could easily program a button to rolo the standard rockbox firmware...
Of course a different kind of plugin would be better but at my rockbox
internals learning stage I really can't help too much...

I would also like to have a way of turning the jukebox on but I guess the
only way would be to make the line in a remote turn on switch instead of a
serial port. This way it could be activated from the remote turn on lead
from most headunits. However, the bidirectional serial port is quite nice in
my case because I already have a uart interface to talk to the bus inside my
car (BMW I-BUS). Of course, since the bus is also half duplex, I could also
adapt the initial Alpine code to talk at 9600 bps... Perhaps I will need
some help in here later ;)

---
Fernando Birra