Subject: Re: Quick Skip/Instant Replay Patch

Re: Quick Skip/Instant Replay Patch

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 02:20:13 -0500

The question is, can you fix my new DVD player to do the same thing? :)

The "press for prev./next" and "hold for FF/RW" seems to be the choice of
UI designers everywhere these days. Argh.

While I applaud your efforts, and adore your bookmark work, I think I'm
going to stay away from this patch so I don't "ruin" myself for everything
else. (especially the stuff with firmware that cannot be changed)

Some devices do have a "study" mode though. I like having this option on
my iRiver iFP-395t. What do you think about making this a selectable
option? On the iRiver, the skip is adjustable from 1 to 60 seconds, with
0 as Off.

Just a thought

Chris