Subject: Re: Quick Skip/Instant Replay Patch

Re: Quick Skip/Instant Replay Patch

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:29:58 +0100

Rockbox development <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se> schrieb am 03.03.04 07:28:13:

>Since I installed Rockbox, one of the things that kept tripping me up was the
>use of LEFT/RIGHT to do both reverse/fast forward AND previous/next track. I
>kept skipping to the next track when I wanted to fast forward through a
>commercial on a show I recorded. I couldn't just jump ahead gracefully 30
>seconds by pressing the RIGHT button just once. So I decided to hack it. I
>ended up with the following patch.

Wow, this is (almost) the hack I always wanted:
It solves my biggest problem while using the jukebox in the car:
Until now I could not reliably skip a song in a radio recording without
looking at the screen.

Only problem I see is that the "ffwd/rev interval" setting is used.
My usual skip would be the 3:30 length of a song, at my current
0:15 setting that's 14 button pushes :) - so it would be great if
the quick skip could be independent of other values.

Martin