Subject: RE: Fw: A little wish list for the blind

RE: Fw: A little wish list for the blind

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:51:16 +0100 (MET)

Your posting reads very funny, does your computer stutter?
I was not able to tell the first URL you gave, too garbled. I found the
second with googles' help.

My general concern about phonemes is that it would require:
- a kind of dictionary, ruleset, whatever (could maybe swapped out, like the
clips)
- a bunch of code to work with that
- nicely recorded phonemes that fit very well together
- blending from one phoneme to the next, our hardware can do only hard cuts
(probably some people now want to record all the combinations instead)
- tone variations within a sentence, following grammar, to avoid robot-talk,
can maybe done by pitching

Even if the code was made back in time for 64kB machines, this is still a
lot of extra for our box.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have synthesis, please feel still
encouraged. It's just more than I want to do in the first shot.

Jörg

> --- "[IDIDCragon" <ididcragon_at_gmgmxedewrote:
> > > If I understood correctly, the mp3-lag thing was
> > related to the fact that,
> > > at each move, a mp3 is loaded from the disk and
> > played.
> > > In [IDIDCragon's roroadmapthe memory is used as a
> > buffer containing all
> > > the
> > > necessary mp3s for the menu (or the didirf this is
> > merged with the tatalkbox> > patch), ready to be
> played through the hardware:
> > no more lag.
> >
> > Correct, forget this lag discussion.
> >
> > We will have a speech reload second if voice menus
> > are enabled, but only
> > once, every time you stop the playback or recording.
> >
> > JöJörg>
> > --
> > +++ NENEUebeiMGMXnundrerstmalign DeDeutschland
> > TÜTÜVegeprüfteriVirenschutz++
> > 100% ViVirenerkennunganachiWildlistInInfos
> > hthttp/wwwwwmgmxet/vivirenschutz>
>
> As a lurker dedelurkeringirst I wanted to thank
> everybody for their hard work on rorockboxIt was a
> deciding factor in me getting an ArArchosox.
>
> A while back during some searching I found the
> following link

hthttp/wwwwwpeech.cs.cmcmudeduomp.speech/Section5/SySynthext.phoneme.3.hthtml