Subject: Feature freeze for 2.2

Feature freeze for 2.2

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:14:05 +0100

Hi all.

It's time for a new release. We are at a fairly stable state currently, so I'm going to freeze it right here. No new changes will go in.

Lets take six days to test this release and fix any critical bugs we find. Then hopefully I will be able to tag and ship 2.2 on wednesday March 10.

There are a few prerequisites for this to work, though:

1) Language files must be updated. Submit your language patches to the patch tracker and someone with cvs access will commit them.

2) The manual needs to be updated. The OpenOffice source file for the manual is available here: http://rockbox.haxx.se/manual/manual.sxw

I'd like to see a small team formed to fix the manual. It worked pretty well for 2.1, but took a little time. Ideally, the manual should be ready for release on wednesday just like the code.

If you want to join the manual team, reply to this message. You need to have time to work on this fairly immediately, since time is short. Preferrably one of you will take on a coordinating role as well.

I'd like to have the flash section of the manual moved to an appendix, and maybe also rewritten in a simpler prose. I would also like to have a better section about identifying which Archos model you have, and thus which Rockbox version to load. I believe Linus is planning to make nice images for each model that can be used for this. We obviously need a new section about the bookmark feature.

Bagder: Will you make me one of those nice parsed cvs logs so I can write the release notes?

--
Björn