Subject: Re: unused bytes in config block

Re: unused bytes in config block

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:42:13 +0100

John Covici wrote:
> I would like to reserve four bytes starting at f5 for the talkbox
> if this is ok or if you have an alternative suggestion?

There is no way to formally reserve bytes, since many patches use new bytes and the order we merge patches is, um, erratic. :-)

The best way is to simply do as you have done: Use some free bytes, and be prepared to move them if some other patch is merged before yours and uses the same bytes.

--
Björn