Subject: re: microphone amplifier

re: microphone amplifier

From: <ajf_at_midmaine.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 07:33:37 -0500 (EST)

I think the item in the link you gave is just a power supply, not an
amplifier. Electret mics require a bias voltage of about 9 volts and a
unit in this price range would probably supply just that.

To get gain and bias voltage, look at products from Sound Professionals or
Microphone Madness. Be prepared for "sticker shock"

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=540&template=mics

http://www.microphonemadness.com/mmsterpreamh.html