Subject: Rockbox version 2.2 released

Rockbox version 2.2 released

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:32:25 +0100

Hi all.

We have released a new version of Rockbox: version 2.2

You will find it in the usual place:
  http://rockbox.haxx.se/download/

The manual is unfortunately not yet updated with the new changes, but we hope to have that done shortly.

Here are the release notes, listing some of the changes since version 2.1:

            __________ __ ___.
  Open \______ \ ____ ____ | | _\_ |__ _______ ___
  Source | _// _ \_/ ___\| |/ /| __ \ / _ \ \/ /
  Jukebox | | ( <_> ) \___| < | \_\ ( <_> > < <
  Firmware |____|_ /\____/ \___ >__|_ \|___ /\____/__/\_ \
                    \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
                        http://rockbox.haxx.se

Release notes, version 2.2, 2004-03-11
======================================

General changes since 2.1
-------------------------
- Bookmarks
- The .rockbox directory has been reorganised
- Alternating WPS lines
- Reorganised main menu
- Create directory
- Faster disk transfers

Recorder-specific changes since 2.1
-----------------------------------
- Video player
- Sound controls in the FM radio menu
- Pre-recording
- Option to store recorded files in current directory
- Improved charging feedback for V2 & FM units

Documentation
-------------
The Rockbox user manual (not completely up-to-date) is available here:
  http://rockbox.haxx.se/manual/manual.pdf

A list of Frequently Asked Questions with answers is available here:
  http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/faq.html

Bug reports
-----------
If you experience inappropriate performance from any supported feature, please
file a bug report on our web page. Do not report missing features as bugs,
instead file them as feature requests.

License
-------
All files in Rockbox are subject to the GNU General Public License. The full
license text is available here:
  http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/license.html

Contact
-------
Please direct questions, comments and other feedback to the mailing list.
See the web page for subscription instructions:
  http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/

Credits
-------
Rockbox is a collaborative project with many contributors:

Björn Stenberg
Linus Nielsen Feltzing
Daniel Stenberg
Andy Choi