Subject: V2.2 firmware where?

V2.2 firmware where?

From: RK <randyk_at_wi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:04:10 -0600

Now that the 2.2 software is out, will the flash v2.2 be out soon?

I tried the one on the web site (with instructions), and it boots up with
2.1. I also discovered that to restore the original firmware, that you need
to rename the backup .bin file to match your recorder, and not necessarily
"firmware_rec.bin". (Mine was firmware_v2.bin.) I now have some practice
on upgrading the firmware, and it's not as bad as I originally thought.

I also should say "thanks" at this point. :) I have been using Rockbox
since I bought my recorder_v2 at Amazon about a week ago. I don't know what
the Archos software looks like, because I have never used it. The Recorder
V2 is now $130US after rebate until the end of the month; so tell your
friends!

Randy