Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Starting fresh

Re: Starting fresh

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 05:27:02 +0100 (MET)

> I just got my new V2 recorder today. I tried to do the flash thingy,
> but I just get an "incompatible version" message.

Use the daily build (or the new v2.3) to flash, not the .ajz/plugins from
the flash package. They're outdated in a way that they don't know your V2
firmware version. Use only the .bin files from the flash package.

> The instructions in the manual have confused me. They say to backup
> some files before I start, but it didn't tell me which ones.

It didn't? Then we should improve for the 2.3 manual.
Use Info -> Debug -> Dump ROM contents, then backup the newly generated file
"internal_rom_2000000-203FFFF.bin", this is your flash content.

Jörg