Subject: Unable to boot player 80% of the time

Unable to boot player 80% of the time

From: Jordan <jorbond_at_cinci.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 00:09:17 -0500

I bought the player version of the archos mp3 player at the end of the
summer, it worked perfectly but now it has started to degrade. I can not
get it to boot without using the ON+Play trick or it will flash the red
light error. This still does not work most of the time and it will turn
on the back light and freeze there, requiring me to turn it off and try
again. Other times i will get farther and it will get to the firmware
version screen and the hard drvie will start clicking and again freeze
there. Now sometimes it will boot correctly to rockbox and work
perfectly from there on. I have tried running it without the rockbox
firmware and the clicking error goes away but it still refuses to boot.
I have only removed batteries and have never opened it up.