Subject: Archos firmware vs. Rockbox

Archos firmware vs. Rockbox

From: leslie carver <leslie_at_tvismylife.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:33:00 -0500

Hi -
I've been using Rockbox for a little over a year now on my AJBR20(60), and
have kept up with the daily builds, and have flashed it, and I love it.
Last week I bought a used AJBR20 on eBay to keep around as a spare. Of
course, it had the original Archos firmware on it. I couldn't figure out
how to operate it! Wow - I can't believe there are people that use that
crummy firmware. I immediately loaded Rockbox on it and I'll never look
back. Rockbox is fantastic and everybody should use it. Thanks to
everybody's hard work on this project!

Leslie
(too bad the spare JBR isn't flashable!)