Subject: Battery life as related to output volume

Battery life as related to output volume

From: David Litchman <Davel23_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:32:56 -0500

Obviously, playing a louder signal requires more power to be drained. Has
anyone done any research into how it affects Archos battery life? I use my
unit almost exclusively in my car, and I could turn the Archos volume way
down and use the car's amp to turn up the volume, but I currently try to
keep the Archos at the same volume as when I switch over to the
radio. Prevents heart-attacks.:) But if there was a significant boost to
battery life by playing the Archos at say, 40 as opposed to 80 I might
change my habits.