Subject: Re: Xclef HD500 / H&B JK-20(S) and Rockbox

Re: Xclef HD500 / H&B JK-20(S) and Rockbox

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:13:38 +0100

rockbox_at_emmeau.com wrote:
> I was wondering if it would be possible with a few (1,2) persons who have
> insight depth of the rockbox software to make a quick study regarding the
> posibilities of running rockbox on this player, and a rough estimate of
> time and costs.
>
> That would create either a base to build on, or a good reason to ditch the
> project.

I'm fairly positive it is possible to port Rockbox to the Xclef, since it appears not to be obfuscated and documentation is available for much, if not all, of the hardware. I'd say a few hundred man-hours is a reasonable ballpark figure for the effort required.

Most of the current Rockbox programmers, however, are busy writing code for the hardware we currently own. I would not count on us leading the way in the Xclef porting effort.

If you manage to drum up a team of Xclef owners willing to give it a go, I will absolutely support it and believe many others here feel the same.

--
Björn