Subject: Re: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2

Re: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:51:37 +0100

Hello Chris

> I don't know how to adjust my archos v2 20g for some
> songs that seem to have a hissing crackling treble sound.

This is most probably caused by "bass boost" not being at zero.
The "Micronas Dynamic Bass" feature generates this hissing/
crackling noise, especially in faint music passages. I don't use
it anymore because of this.

Anyway, it is recommended to set all tone controls to flat if
you connect the jukebox to anything other than headphones and
use the tone controls of the attached equipment.

Regards, Jens