Subject: Re: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2

Re: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:33:10 +0000

>>Hmm, I was pretty sure that 93 is 0dB...
>
>0x7f * 92 / 100 = 0x73 == 0dB
>
>0x7f * 93 / 100 = 0x76 == +3dB
>
>(we should really move from % to dB for the volume control)
>
>Linus

In my audio plugin I used a moving scale (I actually did this for several
of the controls).

This is taken from the advanced audio docs:
"NOTE: The percentage (%) scale is NOT a true linear scale. For values 1
... 69 a linear scale is used to achieve a value in the range -114dB ...
-19dB. Values above 69 represent 1dB steps from -18dB ... +12dB. This
allows for more user-readable scale, while maintaining greater control and
accuracy at higher volumes."

If you want the algorithms, feel free to ask.

BC