Subject: Re: is there a 'find' feature or search feature in 2.2?

Re: is there a 'find' feature or search feature in 2.2?

From: CombThins <bmnews_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:52:30 -0000

I use a program called ABSync to synchronise my player with an exact copy on
my PC. ABSync automatically creates an index file listing every file on the
player, and keeps it up to date whenever you sync. We could make a plugin
that searches that file. I haven't looked into it, but ABsync syncs
remarkably quickly, so I don't think it would kill too much of the battery
to have a facility to build a similar index standalone - provided the index
only has filenames, not ID3 tags as well.

Just a thought..... However, given the difficulty in entering text, I can't
see me using such a plugin. Better just to get organised about where you
keep things.

CT