Subject: Re: dB volume (was: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2)

Re: dB volume (was: wireless audio link. hiss problems on songs.. via archos/rockbox 2.2)

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:26:57 -0000 (GMT)

We had this discussion a while ago. I voted % then, and I still do now!
Rockbox should be aimed at the "average (wo)man on the street". For that
person, % is obvious, intuitive, and they know what they are doing. dB
just doesn't make sense to them. If you want a dB display, add it as an
option and leave % as the default - best of both worlds.