Subject: voice debugging (was Re: Voice UI, step 3 done)

voice debugging (was Re: Voice UI, step 3 done)

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:07:06 +0100 (MET)

> I did test the latest voice UI and did also notice that some
> menu entries/ values are not spoken:
>
> (Main menu)
>
> - Bookmarks
> - General Settings
> - Recording
> - Playlist Options
> - Browse Plugins
> - Info

This is the bib unsolved mystery. I have no clue why for some people big
parts of the main menu are not spoken. It works for me, as well in my own build
than in the downloaded daily build.

> (Sound Settings)
>
> - Channels: Karaoke
>
> I know where this problem comes from. This problem also occurs
> if you set this to Karaoke and then continue using the menu. To
> avoid it, I would suggest that as long as the voice file is
> loaded this setting, although changeable in the UI, is tied to
> Mono internally and will get applied as soon as some music
> starts playing.

Brr, I don't like to add special cases for this detail. I'd rather prefer to
ignore this. Is anybody using Karaoke, and then maybe together with the
voice menu?

> (General Settings/Display/Peak Meter)
>
> - Performance: Save Energy
> - Scale: Linear

Was missing in the voice file. Updated.

> (General Settings/System)
>
> - Sleep Timer: all Values

The sleep timer had it's own code for setting it, wasn't using the standard
"widget". Now this is voiced, too.

> (Recording/Recording Settings)
>
> - All Options
>
> The values are spoken, though.

Works nicely here, the big mystery again for this part?

Thanks for testing, this was helpful.
Jörg