Subject: The Linux Utility Disk (LUD) for Archos JB Users

The Linux Utility Disk (LUD) for Archos JB Users

From: roland <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 02:55:31 +0100

hi!
i have seen this on the archosjukebox yahoogroup and think
it could be of interest for rockboxers, too.

regards
roland

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:16:35 -0800 (PST)
   From: James Stewart <wartstew_at_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Compatible HDD

Okay, I finally came out with my utility floppy, (see
my other post about this). It is at:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstewart228368/lud

No promises, but it *is* a different look at your JB.
You could see what kind of partition this thing says
you have. You can do it's file system check on it to
see if it finds anything wrong. You can browse it to
make sure a possibly corrupted firmware file doesn't
show up. You can even repartition and reformat your
drive with it (and be the first one to test this
feature! -- be afraid!)

I would be curious if this utility floppy helps out.

Want to give this a try?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstewart228368/lud

It's a Linux on a single floppy, and has partitioning
and formating utilities on it.