Subject: HELP! My songs cut out early and start late.

HELP! My songs cut out early and start late.

From: d bean <dbeanrockbox_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:58:57 -0700

I am running on the rockbox fm recorder version 2.2. My archos is flashed.
I have had problems with this with version 2.1 also, but I didnt seem to
with some of the earlier daily builds. My problem is that many of my songs
will cut out 30 seconds before the end of the song. Then the next song
starts 30 seconds latel, or will not make sound at all (it does "play").
Then the song after that works fine. This happens quite often and is very
annoying. I have about 5000 songs, but mostly listen to large playlists
(500 to 1000) via the playlist viewer. I dont usually choose individual
songs from the folder (I have all my songs in one folder, it makes it MUCH
easier to make playlists.) It seems like rockbox gets 'out of synche' or
something like that with the buffer, and it tries to compensate to get back
on track. I do not know if this is really what is happening, but thats what
it feels like. Can anyone help me with this? Is anyone else experiencing
these problems? I will reflash to an earlier version of rockbox if I need
to, but I love the playlist viewer and the other features of the newer
versions. Thanks for everything.

              - dbean