Subject: Re: Hard drive update on V2

Re: Hard drive update on V2

From: Andre Roessel <RCS-Technik_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:36:59 +0100

> Anybody have recommendations on a good and reliable replacement drive
> for the V2? I want to change the standard 20GB. If any of you have run
> into problems with certain drives, it would be nice to know.
Fujitsu Silent Drives work great. I have 2 JBR with 60GB drives. No
problems at all. I think there are now 80 GB models too. Would take that.
Just pay look for the drive speed. 4200 rpm, NOT MORE! There are 5400 or
even 7200 rpm drives out there which are no good choice for a Jukebox.
More than necessary heat and decreased runtime without any advantages.

Andre