Subject: Re: Hard drive update on V2

Re: Hard drive update on V2

From: Jörg C. Pochmann <jcpochmann_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:07:16 +0100

> DO NOT buy a Toshiba MK3021GAS or similar! I tried hard to get it working.
> But it does not even spin-up inside the AJB. I think the reason is a new
> special Toshiba-harddisk-powersave-feature. Even Toshiba support center
> recommended me to use their drive only in laptops.

If you already or still have the drive you may try this Link
http://kharendaen.dyndns.org:8000/~henke/public/mk1214gap
to a guy describing how to shortcut 2 pins of a Toshi-drive to get it work.
It was postet in this List some thousand Mails before and I post it again, since it helped
some people in my Forum (german language) as you can see in
http://forum.myphorum.de/read.php?f=72&i=1121&t=1121

Nice day

Jörg C.P.