Subject: Re: voice UI step 4 now has talkbox, and more

Re: voice UI step 4 now has talkbox, and more

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:59:26 +0100 (MET)

> Can someone send me a link to the TalkBox page?
> I seem to have lost my link.

You don't need it any more, the functionality is in the daily build now.
Except for recording these thumbnails, but that's done automated, with a lot
less effort by Brian Wolven's VBS script:
http://mysite.verizon.net/brian.wolven/Rockbox/Talkbox.zip

> I haven't been able to get the TalkBox to speak my MP3 clips of the
> folders.
> Or is the TalkBox feature built into Joerg's English.voice file?

Talkbox is pretty much independent from the voice file. However, you should
have the latest one, otherwise you won't hear the new menu items:
http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/speech/voicefont/english.voice

> Also, I have never found the hover option in the CFG file.
> Can someone tell me where to write it in?

If you write a .cfg with the latest daily build, the entries should be
there, if I havent't produced a bug. Bottom part of my .cfg looks like this:
#
# Voice
#
talk dir: hover
talk file: number
talk menu: on

The set of allowed values goes as follows:
"talk dir: " : "off", "number", "enter", "hover"
"talk file: " : "off", "number
"talk menu: " : "off", "on".

Hope you can manage it,
Jörg