Subject: New sound test

New sound test

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:53:56 +0200

Hi all!

I have now used a logic analyzer to listen on the I2C bus, to see how
the original firmware sets up the MAS. It turns out that the "flat"
setting ist'n that flat after all. The Archos firmware activates the
Micronas Dynamic Bass, however with a strength of 0.

It also looks like Archos uses the poweron defaults for the stereo
separation, which seems to be 100% stereo.

I have done the same in the sound settings menu, you can toggle it with
the ON button.

Please tell me if there is any difference.

Linus