Subject: Battery usage and Runtime calibration

Battery usage and Runtime calibration

From: (wrong string) é Rübel <andre.ruebel_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:27:32 +0200

Hello everyone,

there was often a discussion in this group about the correctness of the
remaining battery life time displayed and that it is only a rough estimate.
 As I travelled a long time with the train yesterday my remaining runtime
dropped very fast and at the end nearly did not move anymore. This is since
I have new 2100 mAh batteries which seem to have a different Voltage/Power
relationship than the calibration line used in rockbox.
So I thought about how to improve the situation and had the following idea I
would like to discuss here:
What about an auto calbration function?
If we would have a function that is available when plugged to a charger and
does the following:

1.) create a small playlist of lets say about 10 songs
2.) start chanrging until the batteries are full
3.) playback with autorepeat the playlist
4.) store the current voltage versus playtime for lets say every 0.1V
5.) repeat until batteries are empty.

In the following this information could be used for calibrate the voltage
versus remaining runtime information.
What do you think? Is that an option?

Many greetings

André