Subject: Re: archos as a cd changer

Re: archos as a cd changer

From: jobarjo <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:00:46 +0200

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

>Fernando Birra wrote:
>

>>I've started from the Alpine M-BUS plugin from Jörg and modified it to
>>interact with the IBUS used in BMW cars. So now, I have an Archos "CD
>>Changer" in my car...
>>

>Did you succeed to do IBUS directly, or are you communicating to an external
>controller via RS232?
>
>If it's an external controller, I once "specified" and posted a command set
>and response format to issue commands to Rockbox and query information from
>it, using the remote pin as half-duplex RS232. The command set was done in a
>way that it can co-exist with the Archos remote. So this could be the basis
>for "intelligent remote controls", like a car stereo interface. There are

Is there any existing code corresponding to this spec?
I agree with you, however, if I remember, it looked a little
complicated. I will rely on it for my implementation.
In the cvs code in serial.c there is actualy a 'screendump' option. this
is not a bad idea.
The actual serial code rely on the button_queue. It is just fine. Maybe
it is better to add some more 'virtual buttons'
I think I will rely on this very simple principle, and make the head
unit act as an external remote with an lcd controler.

the actual serial.c code is polling the uart.
Can I just modify it to make it an interrupt? and use the button queue
for communication?
the queue_post() routine is interrupt protected, so there should be no
problem.

Maybe should I rely on the wps-display code to update the cd-text info?
this way, the head unit(HU) could have access to the rockbox menus? The
problem is that the lcd display frame buffer is much bigger than the HU
display. How can I select the appropriate line to display?