Subject: Re: Installing Talkbox

Re: Installing Talkbox

From: George Styles <george_at_ripnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:39:49 +0100

Are we sticking with the dirname.mp3 thing? IMHO it should at least not be
called .mp3 (so it doesnt turn up in playlists etc), maybe .tbx or
something?

ideally from my point of view, all dirnames would be stored in one file in
.rockbox (just like the voice 'font' for menus).

That way, those .dirname.mp3's will not get in the way :)

Would it be acceptable to have the option? ive not studied how the voicefont
works, but at the simplest you just need all the mp3s joined together with
some kind of index. Shouldnt be that hard to produce.

Cool feature though, I can now select a track on my (push) bike without
taking the jukebox out of my pocket :)

thanks