Subject: Re: Couple questions about the filter...

Re: Couple questions about the filter...

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:04:31 +0200 (MEST)

Hi, sorry I couldn't resepond earlier,

> Turns out I fixed the other problem. I guess I'm just a genius. So this
> 3 e-mail thread is entirely by me. Awesome.

I see, you're making excellent progress. Never imagined that. Do you know
that "Wunder" is the german word for "miracle"?
So I'm coming too late to tell you about my CLSID and the IFileSinkFilter
interface.

But I have a small challenge left for you:
How about displaying filter property pages from your tool? IIRC, there's
some sample code in the SDK on how to do this. A property page is the custom
dialog box that filters can have, GraphEdit shows them on right-click. The Lame
encoder has one, my filter will get one, too. So you can use the existing
dialog for parametrization. The other alternative is to query for the underlying
interface (property page and filter always communicate via an interface,
they're separate objects) and use your own settings dialog. Maybe better for
batch conversion.

I have to update the filter on my webspace (can't access that right now),
currently it won't connect to the Lame encoder. But this is fixed already.

Your application probably will need some smarts on how to patch the Lame
encoder in, for files that don't have MPEG audio.

Thanks alot for your work!
Jörg