Subject: formatting under linux

formatting under linux

From: Isaac Kriegman <zac_at_yoism.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:54:28 -0400

I set the partition type to c with fdisk

I formated with mkdosfs -F 32 /dev/sda1

Read and writing to the file system seem to work fine while connected to
the computer.

However niether rockbox nor archos seem to recognize the file system.

Rockbox starts up fine but does shown any files and says "save failed no
partition?" to just about everything

Archos starts up with a "File system error, No valid FAT16/32 file
system found, Please format drive"

Is it possible to format the drive properly from linux?

If so how? I could find any good info googling.

Thanks for you help,
Isaac