Subject: Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

From: roland <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:41:56 +0200

> Linux has certainly ways to rename them recursively, but I'm no console
> warrior. Again, suggestions are welcome.

i`m no warrior, too - but this is a way to do it:

$ cat recursive_rename.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

foreach $file (split (/\n/, `find .`)) {
    $newFile = $file;
    $newFile =~s/.dirname.mp3/.dirname.tbx/;
    rename ($file,$newFile)
    }

maybe there are more elegant ways....

>I don't know if and how Windows can bulk rename files
> recursively (suggestions welcome),
i would suggest installing perl or cygwin so you have good scriping on windows, too ;)

regards
roland